Instant Pot Low Carb Pork Ribs
I wanted to make Instant Pot Low Carb Pork Ribs but realized the ribs I had were in the freezer! 🙁 Now I normally wouldn’t fret over a frozen protein to use in the Instant Pot but well…these ribs were frozen solid flat and there was no way it would fit! Funny thing was that I had to pop into the grocery store to pick something up when I saw these pork side ribs on special. $5.03/kg seemed like pretty okay price. I used to diligently track local food prices and I should dig up that info and update it. Being on the ketogenic diet, I (think) I consume more proteins now than I did before. (I didn’t track what I ate before keto and I think that I am eating more protein but I can’t really confirm that.) So it’s more important to track sales and cook with what is on special or stock up for later. That being said, this package of pork side ribs lasted me for 4 meals so $2.17 per meal doesn’t seem so bad!
YaY for ribs being on special!! I think they read my mind!!! I can cook these right away!
Prepare ribs by cutting them into individual ribs. Season with salt and pepper.
On the Instant Pot, press SAUTE then ADJUST for the higher heat setting.
Add a couple of tablespoons of olive oil. Once hot (shimmering not smoking).
Add in the ribs in a layer across the bottom. Brown the ribs, turning over to get those wonderful flavourful brown bits caused by the maillard reaction.
Brown all the ribs in batches, avoid overcrowding the pan.
After all ribs have been browned turn off the pot and remove the excess oil. (some may find it okay to leave it but personally it’s a little greasy for my taste).
Deglaze pot with 1/2 cup of water or chicken stock or pork stock. Scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the pan. MOAR FLAVOUR!
Add the ribs back in along with a 1/2 cup to a cup of low carb barbeque sauce. Cover, lock and set STEAM RELEASE VALVE to SEALING.
Press MANUAL, then the “-” sign to bring time down from 30 minutes to 11 minutes for melt in your mouth. (13 minutes for totally falling off the bone)
After the time has elapsed, the Instant Pot will automatically go into the “KEEP WARM” mode. Let the pot release the pressure naturally. When the float valve has dropped, open up the lid.
Remove the ribs (carefully, especially if cooked for longer they may fall apart on you).
Depending on your preference, toss with 1/2 cup to a cup of low carb barbecue sauce.
These Instant Pot Low Carb Pork Ribs were SOOOO EASY to make that I’m adding them to my dinner rotation when I catch them on sale or when I have a chance to defrost the ones in my freezer!
- 1 cup TLC Low Carb BBQ Sauce
- 2 tbs Olive Oil 13.5g (or bacon fat)
- 1.715kg Pork Side Ribs
- 1/2 cup water (better with chicken or pork stock)
- Cut into individual ribs
- Season with salt and pepper
- Brown ribs in hot olive oil using SAUTE function on Instant Pot
- Remove excess oil from pot
- Deglaze pan with water or stock
- Add ribs and 1/2 of low carb BBQ Sauce
- Cook for 11 minutes (or 13 minutes for fall off bone tender) using MANUAL function
- Natural release pressure
- Toss ribs with other half of Low Carb BBQ Sauce
- 28 Best Paleo & Keto Ribs Recipes | I Breathe I'm Hungry - […] Instant Pot BBQ Ribs – Thriving on Low Carb […]
- 28 Best Paleo & Keto Ribs Recipes - Low Carb Diet - […] Instant Pot BBQ Ribs – Thriving on Low Carb […]
- 28 Best Paleo & Keto Ribs Recipes - Low Carb Diet - […] Instant Pot BBQ RibsA�a�� Thriving on Low Carb […]